Through Jesus, the kingdom of heaven touched them. He healed broken bodies and restored broken hearts. Now Jesus has a message for the people, so He climbs a hillside and begins to teach. The kingdom of heaven is available now.
It’s an upside-down world where the least likely candidates are blessed, worry is no more, and enemies are loved. It’s a world in which we get to be salt and light.
This series explores the Sermon on the Mount and leads you and the kids in your ministry to a deeper understanding of the heart of Jesus—a heart that is for the poor in spirit, the sad, the meek. A heart that is for you.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Close your eyes and imagine Jesus and His disciples sitting on a hilltop while Jesus teaches them about a new way to live. Insert yourself in the picture and take a snapshot. Click.
You want to remember this moment because Jesus is sharing about His kingdom and His plan to rescue the world through His people. You. The leader next to you. The kids in your group. Put them in the picture. Click.
Jesus teaches a different way. A way His people will shine His light to lost people. He teaches us to love our enemies and everyone we see. He teaches about worry and how to seek His kingdom first. Jesus’ heart was on display for the world that day. I can see the hillside getting fuller as God’s people listen to this different way. Click.
- What thoughts go through your mind as you listen to Jesus’ teaching?
- What strikes you most about Jesus’ words?
Look around. The people you see in your picture are the church. Jesus calls us to a different way. He calls us to live it out in the same way He lived out His own message. His kingdom is near, and we are a part of it. Click.
Frame those pictures and be reminded of the heart of Jesus.
Check Out These Helpful Resources!
- Top 10 Reasons to Try Wonder Ink Children’s Curriculum for Free
- 5 Things that Make a Great Children’s Curriculum
- Why You Need to Make Sure You’re Using a Bible-Based Children’s Curriculum
- Wonder Ink Orientation
Teaching and Leading Children
- Unpacking the Wonder-filled Kaleidoscope Called Identity
- Bringing the Bible to Life in Your Children’s Ministry
- What If We’re Failing Kids at Faith Formation? And How Not To
- Moving Beyond the Behavior: Getting to the Heart in Your Children’s Ministry