What does it look like to be like Jesus? God invites us to look more like Jesus each month, year, and decade of our lives. Yet, all our determination and best effort will not get us there. It is only with the help of God’s Spirit that we become like Jesus.
During this series, you’ll join kids in exploring teachings from the New Testament that will lift the burden of self-powered character development and reveal the freedom that comes when we partner with the Holy Spirit on the journey of becoming like Jesus.
Be Like Jesus is a bold, perhaps even intimidating, title for this series. Jesus is God. We are not. How on earth can we be like Him?
And yet as we work our way through the passages in this series, we see two things: God calls us to be like Him, and then He helps us do it.
- Galatians 5 shows us that the Holy Spirit is the One who helps us to be like Jesus through growing His fruit in our lives.
- Ephesians 4 shows us that God calls us to unity with His body so that we can challenge and encourage one another to be more like Him.
- Philippians 2–4 shows us that being like Jesus involves understanding where our joy and contentment come from, no matter our circumstances.
- And Hebrews 11 shows us faithful people throughout Scripture who trusted God’s goodness and then acted out in faith as God made them more like Him.
In what ways are you more like Jesus today than you were when you first became a Christian?
This series explores beautiful Scriptures that affirm truths about God’s role in our spiritual formation. He is the One who transforms us into His likeness—not our strivings. As we allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, He is faithful to help us with His command to be like Jesus.
Check Out These Helpful Resources!
- Top 10 Reasons to Try Wonder Ink Children’s Curriculum for Free
- 5 Things that Make a Great Children’s Curriculum
- Why You Need to Make Sure You’re Using a Bible-Based Children’s Curriculum
- Wonder Ink Orientation
Teaching and Leading Children
- Unpacking the Wonder-filled Kaleidoscope Called Identity
- Bringing the Bible to Life in Your Children’s Ministry
- What If We’re Failing Kids at Faith Formation? And How Not To
- Moving Beyond the Behavior: Getting to the Heart in Your Children’s Ministry