Grab this free download, and share what God says is true with parents and their kids.
Language for Sharing Identity with Children
Children are inundated with messages every single day about their identity. It’s our job to help them to know what is always true—what God says is true.
Because what kids believe about themselves influences their thoughts and decisions.
This topic can feel overwhelming, it’s our goal to help with practical ideas that support rather than overwhlem. This simple, 2-part guide will:
- Give you language to share with children to teach and remind them of who they were created to be. (Page 2)
- Equip you, the parent or ministry leader, with ideas for theological guideposts that will help you share Scripture with the children in your care. (Page 12)
We can help kids discover that their identity is found in God’s Big Story—where Jesus is Lord and the Holy Spirit is present. And we need to leave room for their big questions and big ideas while leaving no doubt about who God is or who they are in Him.
Our kids are image-bearing children of God, and we can declare this truth over them!
Check Out These Helpful Resources!
- Top 10 Reasons to Try Wonder Ink Children’s Curriculum for Free
- 5 Things that Make a Great Children’s Curriculum
- Why You Need to Make Sure You’re Using a Bible-Based Children’s Curriculum
- Wonder Ink Orientation
Teaching and Leading Children
- Unpacking the Wonder-filled Kaleidoscope Called Identity
- Bringing the Bible to Life in Your Children’s Ministry
- What If We’re Failing Kids at Faith Formation? And How Not To
- Moving Beyond the Behavior: Getting to the Heart in Your Children’s Ministry