It’s vital for our children to know that they were created by God on purpose, for a purpose. Whether you are a children’s ministry leader or a parent, this fact is true.
And when we introduce children to God, and help them to know Him more, they can discover their identity in Him.
As they begin to know Him, love Him, and follow Him, their lives will be rooted in a relationship with Him. So, as it’s vital for them to know they were created on purpose, it’s just as vital that we walk with them on a path to discover what God says about them.
By sharing God’s Big Story and helping them find their place, we are helping them along this path.
Let’s answer a few questions:
What can we do to make God known?
- Make sure your children’s curriculum and resources focus on revealing God, His character, and His incredible love and sovereignty. An upward focus helps us center our hearts.
- Create environments that uphold and display God’s truth in your spaces.
- Focus on establishing a strong foundation for learning His Word.
- Cultivate relationships with Jesus through relationships with one another. Have leaders share personal faith stories as appropriate.
How can we pour into a Christlike identity?
- Speak words of blessing from Scripture over your children. And teach them to declare the things that are always true.
- Call out God’s character you see on display in your children. Teach them to do the same. Look for God in the everyday moments.
- Identify Scripture that speaks to God’s call and purpose—and help your children hide it in their hearts.
Discover more here.
Journey of Purpose
As children grow, this faith journey continues as each of us works to discover more about God and who He created us to be. So helping kids know God, uncover identity in Him, and root themselves in His Word helps them in your ministry and beyond.